Data Scientist - Healthcare
- - Quality Reporting
- Kansas City , MO, USA
- Full Time
Position: Data Scientist- Healthcare
Location: Remote Michigan- or In Office locations: Kansas City, MO or Berkeley, CA
Job Description Overview:
We Are Improving Healthcare Across America.
Want to help?
This role offers you the opportunity to play an influential and visible role as our company continues to grow, improving health outcomes to the most-chronically ill by giving providers the support they need to navigate the rapidly-changing face of healthcare!
Caravan Health is searching for individuals who have a drive to help make health care sustainable for underserved populations through cutting edge outcomes technology and a patient-centric focus. In this role, you will need to be able to adjust to change and have excellent technical skills in order to succeed in our fast-paced, employee-focused company culture. Every employee is empowered to do whatever it takes to help healthcare providers use data to deliver the right care to the right patient at the right time.
We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our exciting, fast-paced, and growing team!
The Data Scientist contributes to the overall success of our organization by applying data mining techniques and statistical modeling to population health data to better understand cost, utilization, and quality of care for a defined patient population typically part of an Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) or similar environments.
Through analyzing patient claims, EHR, and organizational data, the Data Scientist will contribute to identifying progress, performance, and opportunities for improvement on program, financial, quality, patient experience, and other metrics.
The analytic findings will help healthcare providers in various value-based and pay-for-performance programs understand and identify methods to maximize reimbursement and improve population heath. This work contributes to the development of new strategies and tactics to improve overall health care delivery and transform rural health systems across the country as they adapt from volume-based to value-based models of care.
• Apply data mining techniques and statistical modeling to large amounts of population health data to discover optimal treatment and utilization patterns that can lead to improved health and financial outcomes
• Monitor trend of cost, utilization and quality of care for a defined patient population, identify factors driving the changes and predict future trend.
• Support acquisition and implementation of new information sources, data collection strategies, data governance, and analytics.
• Collaborate with clinicians, program leaders and performance improvement analysts to design new performance dashboards. Lead production of quarterly dashboards using SQL SSRS or R to enable transparency and to monitor system-wide performance of program progress, total cost of care and clinical quality.
• Respond to ad hoc and client deep dive analytic requests.
• Help staff with data manipulation and analytic methods to improve analytic deliverables when required
• Master Degree with concentration in health informatics, computing, epidemiology, statistics or related field
• 3-5 years of experiences applying data mining techniques and statistical modeling in healthcare industry settings, with SQL and R as preferred tools.
• Preferred understanding of health data formats including: Medicare claims, EMR, lab and pharmacy. Previous experience analyzing medical claims data is strongly preferred
• Preferred industry knowledge including Accountable Care Organizations, health care reform, population health management models
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to present concepts and analysis in front of diverse audiences
• Interest in contributing to a fast paced and growing company!
What's in It for You:
• Great work environment -- we understand the importance of investing in the right people, infrastructure, and culture. We take pride in fostering a positive employee environment with employee growth and development a priority.
• Work/life balance -- we are committed to helping you balance work with the other commitments in your life, and we'll make sure your workload is realistic. At the same time, we'll look to you to remain flexible when the situation calls for it as we grow.
• Excellent compensation -- in order to attract and retain top talent, we're proud to offer competitive pay and generous benefits.
If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity for you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, we want to hear from you!
Qualified individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer - AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.